Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Learning PR

When I arrived in London to study PR I had this idea of what PR was, what I like to refer to as my PR bubble. I call it that because not far into my studies at Westminster that bubble got popped. It got popped because I realized that there was so much more to the industry than what most people that do not study it believe. I know it's said that the best teacher in life is experience but in this case I am going to make an exception and say in PR while experience is great a taught background is fantastic and in my opinion necessary.  I know throughout this year I have heard professionals working in the field say over and over again "I didn't come from a PR background, I just ended up here."  While that's great because then the industry gets a very wide range of talents that are brought to the table I have to still stick to my guns and say learning it for me was needed.

Between both my semesters at Westminster I have learned so much about PR and what it comprises of, this journey has made me realize my dislikes and interests within the industry and has given me an open view of the route I would like to take within the field.

I have has memorable teaching moments and I hope they continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment